Busy parents can get this main course done in about half an hour. With a little seasoning and choosing baking instead of frying, parents can put a healthy twist on a classic kid’s favorite.
1½ lb. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
1 cup breakfast cereal, cornflakes, or crumbs
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp Italian herb seasoning
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1. Cut thighs into bite-size pieces.
2. Place breakfast cereal, cornflakes, or crumbs into plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Add all the seasoning ingredients to crushed mixture. Close bag tightly and shake until blended.
4. Add a few chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture. Shake bag to coat all chicken pieces evenly.
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
2. Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet so they are not touching.
3. Bake for about 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.